1. I have a fear of pigeons, bats and sharks. The first two mainly because of them being so unpredictable and their ability to fly. In my face. Against my head. These things lack coördination. I will always take a detour to not make a pigeon feel cornered and fly up in my face, but they seem to smell my fear and end up almost hitting me anyway. Just ask my friends. As for the sharks: a souvenir from watching the Bond film Thunderball when I was younger. I used to think there could be sharks anywhere. Sometimes I still do.
2. I don’t like to call strangers but I can talk hours on the phone with friends.
3. I have a soft spot for good bad TV. From “A Place in the Sun” to dream about moving abroad and laughing at the Brits and their fixation on fireplaces, to “Jersey Shore” and “Mob Wives” for some drama.
4. I used to be a huge fan of the Backstreet Boys.
5. I love watching back to back TV series (and movies). And then watch them again, and again and again. I’ve been trough my share, but I remember being at a party and wanting nothing more than going home and watch the Sopranos. Yeah, I know.
6. My favorite comic book is Asterix.
7. I Would love to live in London again but my favorite city is and probably always will be Barcelona. I went on Erasmus in Barcelona and it’s the first big city I’ve lived in and loved. It has everything.
8. My favorite author is John Irving.
9. I’m a dog AND a cat person.
10. When I was four years old my mom and I were in a clothing store. Suddenly, I disappeared. My mom found me in a fitting room, trying on a pink and purple bathing suit. It fit me like a glove and we took that thing home. Great day.
More Random facts about us? Here’s 10 things you didn’t know about Marijs!
First picture by Phebe Van Wijk