picture via passion for baking.
Ella & Louise is officially one year old today, which makes you think about how much can happen in that short period of time. When we were cooking up this baby and doing tests, Patricia was still living in London, Marijs was still exploring the wonderful world of living with two male roommates and Kim was overwhelmed by too many evening classes (a consequence of her enthusiastic nature).
No need to go into detail, but believe us, a lot has changed. We thought it would be a fun time to highlight some of our favorite moments of the past year. Ready for a trip down memory lane? By the way, keep an eye out today, we’re having a birthday giveaway!
1. I’m the kind of person the thrives on having new and exciting experiences. Both because of the blog and the changes in my personal live, this year has been so different from the previous years. I started working, which meant no more mid-week parties but more budget to live on. For me it also meant entering the gate to my first job in the fashion industry and working with gorgeous clothes every day (and getting some of them into my closet). I also moved into an appartment on my own for the first time and I have to say that I love it. You can read the stories of the first wedding I attended, the events we went to and the adventures with my cell phone all right here on the blog.
2. I have always been a fan of travelling (who isn’t?) and of discovering new places. I’m actually still thinking of moving abroad again for some time. Maybe to some place warm. For now, I just traveled a little bit around Madeira, Egypt, France, The UK, The Netherlands and our own small country. Even though improving my photography skills is one of my new years resolutions (and buying a good camera), I discovered that I really have a fondness of photographing while traveling. Those following me on twitter know that I also learned how to dive. This is something that I wanted to do for some time now and diving along the reef in Egypt definitely made taking lessons worthwhile.
3. Working for Ann Demeulemeester means being involved in a new collection every season. We only start working with the collection after the show but I get excited every season when the new pieces come in. When roaming the hallways in our building you can sometimes catch a glimpse of the new collections. The shows are the highlight of glamour and for us it is the launch of the season.
4. I’m one of those people that can surf the web for hours and hours looking for inspiration. Therefore I really enjoy highlighting the style of among others Lily Aldridge, Alexa Chung, Taylor Tomasi-Hill, Mary-Kate Steinmiller, Emma Stone and many more.
5. Finally I feel that the giveaways are definitely a memorable part of blogging. We’ve given away vouchers, a bag, gorgeous Sugar For You Closet earrings and sneakers. For the sneaker giveaway, I spent a lot of time researching a beautiful way to photograph shoes, spent quite some time shooting them and then giving them away. I was surprised at how much energy it takes to organize a giveaway but It’s always nice to make people happy.
1. Life in london was pretty sweet and I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss it. I love Antwerp but it’s just not the same. Waking up on a saturday morning and going “sightseeing” wherever in your city. It’s amazing and I am spoiled for life. You can see why in posts like Here Comes The Sun, Barbicana, Magmatic and East London Sunday . And you can read all about how it felt to come back here.
2. I’ve been thinking a lot about a roadtrip I made with ten (yes, ten) of my friends back in 2010. This summer, it will be two years since we made that trip but we’ve seen so much in one month that it has been food for thought ever since then. As time passes, the small things fade away (eleven people in two cars, can you imagine?) and the good times are still so clear in my memories. I still have pictures from that trip that I haven’t shared yet, but you can find some of them in this post and here.
3. Travelling is something I love to do, and I am so lucky that my boyfriend and I have similar interests, which makes going on holiday a lot more fun. Last year, we didn’t go on a big trip like we did in 2010 (the roadtrip described above) and 2009 (India, maybe I’ll show some pics of that trip later). The main reason for this was London, and the fact that once we got back, we didn’t have a lot of time. But there was no reason to complain, because we did go to Barcelona an New York. Posts here, here and here.
4. Decorating my new flat has been wonderful and having my bedroom published in Flair magazine was quite fun. For a peek into my home, check these posts about my bedroom and living room. I promise to show you more of my house in 2012…